This article features error number Code 2505, commonly known as An expression in argument | has an invalid value described as An expression in argument | has an invalid value.@You tried to run a macro or used the DoCmd object in Visual Basic. The argument number above is the position of the argument as it appears in the Macro window, the Action Failed dialog box, or the Object B
Error name: An expression in argument | has an invalid value
Error number: Error 2505
Description: An expression in argument | has an invalid value.@You tried to run a macro or used the DoCmd object in Visual Basic. The argument number above is the position of the argument as it appears in the Macro window, the Action Failed dialog box, or the Object B
Software: Microsoft Access
Try this first: Click here to fix Microsoft Access errors and optimize system performance
This repair tool can fix common computer errors like BSODs, system freezes and crashes. It can replace missing operating system files and DLLs, remove malware and fix the damage caused by it, as well as optimize your PC for maximum performance. DOWNLOAD NOW
About Runtime Error 2505
Runtime Error 2505 happens when Microsoft Access fails or crashes whilst it’s running, hence its name. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the code was corrupt in some way, but just that it did not work during its run-time. This kind of error will appear as an annoying notification on your screen unless handled and corrected. Here are symptoms, causes and ways to troubleshoot the problem.
Here we list some definitions for the words contained in your error, in an attempt to help you understand your problem. This is a work in progress, so sometimes we might define the word incorrectly, so feel free to skip this section!
- Action - An Action is a response of the program on occurrence detected by the program that may be handled by the program events.
- Argument - An argument is a value passed to a function, procedure, or command line program
- Basic - BASIC Beginner’s All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code is a family of high-level programming languages designed to be easy to use.
- Box - Box Inc is an online file sharing and cloud content management service for businesses
- Dialog - A temporary window presented to a user usually as a small box
- Expression - Combination of several programming symbols and values intending to produce a result
- Object - An object is any entity that can be manipulated by commands in a programming language
- Position - Position refers to the location of an element relative to its container, typically on the horizontal and vertical axes.
- Window - In computer science a window is a graphical interface to let a user interact with a program
- Number - A number is a mathematical object used to count, measure and label
- Macro - A macro is a rule or pattern that specifies how a certain input sequence often a sequence of characters should be mapped to an output sequence also often a sequence of characters according to a defined procedure.
Symptoms of Code 2505 - An expression in argument | has an invalid value
Runtime errors happen without warning. The error message can come up the screen anytime Microsoft Access is run. In fact, the error message or some other dialogue box can come up again and again if not addressed early on.
There may be instances of files deletion or new files appearing. Though this symptom is largely due to virus infection, it can be attributed as a symptom for runtime error, as virus infection is one of the causes for runtime error. User may also experience a sudden drop in internet connection speed, yet again, this is not always the case.
Causes of An expression in argument | has an invalid value - Error 2505
During software design, programmers code anticipating the occurrence of errors. However, there are no perfect designs, as errors can be expected even with the best program design. Glitches can happen during runtime if a certain error is not experienced and addressed during design and testing.
Runtime errors are generally caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It may also occur because of memory problem, a bad graphics driver or virus infection. Whatever the case may be, the problem must be resolved immediately to avoid further problems. Here are ways to remedy the error.
Runtime errors may be annoying and persistent, but it is not totally hopeless, repairs are available. Here are ways to do it.
If a repair method works for you, please click the upvote button to the left of the answer, this will let other users know which repair method is currently working the best.
Please note: Neither ErrorVault.com nor it's writers claim responsibility for the results of the actions taken from employing any of the repair methods listed on this page - you complete these steps at your own risk.